Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ma...@synergy.com.au on 2006/03/22 03:50:24 UTC

Custom partition deployment process

I've developed a custom partition for Apache directory server, which I'm
trying to deploy with the 1.0-RC1 distribution.  I've taken the naive
approach of just copying my jars to $INSTALL_DIR/lib/ext and my
configuration files to $INSTALL_DIR/conf.  And it *almost* works---the
logging configuation fails due to a classpath problem (I'm using a custom
log4j appender class).

Is there any documentation on how to deploy custom code to the standard
distribution package (ie., using bin/apacheds.exe and not maven or ant)?

Thanks,

Martin

Re: Custom partition deployment process

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
MartinZaidel@synergy.com.au wrote:

> I've developed a custom partition for Apache directory server, which
> I'm trying to deploy with the 1.0-RC1 distribution.  I've taken the
> naive approach of just copying my jars to $INSTALL_DIR/lib/ext and my
> configuration files to $INSTALL_DIR/conf.  And it *almost* works---the
> logging configuation fails due to a classpath problem (I'm using a
> custom log4j appender class).
>
> Is there any documentation on how to deploy custom code to the
> standard distribution package (ie., using bin/apacheds.exe and not
> maven or ant)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin
A bit out of date (m1) but here it's: