Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/31 10:32:15 UTC

apr error and defines

Hi,

I've now tried for a whole hour to find the corresponding error define
for the error
err->apr_error = 160013

Can anyone tell me the define for that error (to use in an if() ) or at
least point me to where I should look for it myself?

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

Re: apr error and defines

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/05, Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> wrote:
> Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On 10/31/05, Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I've now tried for a whole hour to find the corresponding error define
> >> for the error
> >> err->apr_error = 160013
> >
> > Yes, I too have had numerous occasions where I'd have loved to have a
> > lookup table (or error string) telling me exactly which error I was
> > looking at.
>
> 'tools/dev/which-error.py' can create a table or lookup a single
> error:
>
> $ PYTHONPATH=/prefix/lib/svn-python tools/dev/which-error.py 160013
> 00160013  SVN_ERR_FS_NOT_FOUND

Wow! Thanks! You guys thought of everything! :-)

bye,

Erik.

Re: apr error and defines

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Re: apr error and defines

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/05, Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've now tried for a whole hour to find the corresponding error define
> for the error
> err->apr_error = 160013
>
> Can anyone tell me the define for that error (to use in an if() ) or at
> least point me to where I should look for it myself?

Use APR_TO_OS_ERROR to find out which OS error is behind the error code.

#define APR_TO_OS_ERROR  (  e    )     (e == 0 ? APR_SUCCESS : e -
APR_OS_START_SYSERR)

Re: apr error and defines

Posted by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com>.
John Szakmeister wrote:
> On Monday 31 October 2005 05:32, Stefan Küng wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've now tried for a whole hour to find the corresponding error define
>> for the error
>> err->apr_error = 160013
>>
>> Can anyone tell me the define for that error (to use in an if() ) or at
>> least point me to where I should look for it myself?
>
> This error sits out in the APR user error space (which starts at 120000).
> This means this is a Subversion error code.  If you look at
> svn_error_codes.h, you'll see that we have a number of categories, each of
> which contain 5000 slots.  This error is in the FS category, and the one with
> 13 is SVN_ERR_FS_NOT_FOUND.

Thanks a lot!

Patch coming up soon ;)

Stefan

--
        ___

Re: apr error and defines

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Monday 31 October 2005 05:32, Stefan Küng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've now tried for a whole hour to find the corresponding error define
> for the error
> err->apr_error = 160013
>
> Can anyone tell me the define for that error (to use in an if() ) or at
> least point me to where I should look for it myself?

This error sits out in the APR user error space (which starts at 120000).
This means this is a Subversion error code.  If you look at
svn_error_codes.h, you'll see that we have a number of categories, each of
which contain 5000 slots.  This error is in the FS category, and the one with
13 is SVN_ERR_FS_NOT_FOUND.

HTH!

-John