Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com> on 2017/02/13 22:04:33 UTC

Java 9 - Elephas Issue

As Mentioned earlier Java 9, Java 9 no longer has external jar files.  They
are all binaries.  Not sure how to fix this issue.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project jena-elephas-common: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.jena:jena-elephas-common:jar:3.3.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.6 at specified path
/usr/lib/jvm/java-9-openjdk-amd64/../lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]

I will continue to work through the rest of the builds.

I will check the code into git hub tomorrow.  I have to figure out how to
do that in a way that will allow me to keep it in sync with the main
repository.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Java 9 - Elephas Issue

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
I also like to use `git rebase` for the situation where you are trying to keep a separate branch "in-sync" with a master line of development. To me that makes the history easier to read, but YMMV.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

Re: Java 9 - Elephas Issue

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Awesome!

Re: Java 9 - Elephas Issue

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Looks like hadoop 2.7.1 may solve the problem.  I will try that tomorrow.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>