Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jonas Krauss <jk...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/18 16:03:45 UTC

Passing worker JVM options not working as expected

Hi all,

we are running Storm 2.2.0 on openjdk build
1.8.0_272-8u272-b10-0+deb9u1-b10 in a cluster with five supervisors. We are
trying to set individual worker child options for a topology via the Java
Config object like so:

Config conf = new Config();
conf.put(Config.WORKER_CHILDOPTS, "-Xmx%HEAP-MEM%m -XX:+UseG1GC");

Looking at the java processes of the topology on the cluster, we do not see
the JVM options to be present, e.g. the string -XX:+UseG1GC is not found
anywhere in htop. However, when submitting the topology everything seems
fine, as the options are printed from the storm submitter:

13:15:01.939 [main] INFO  o.a.s.StormSubmitter - Submitting topology
test_topology in distributed mode with conf
{...,"worker.childopts":"-Xmx%HEAP-MEM%m
-XX:+UseG1GC",...}

Any idea why this is not working?

Thanks

Jonas

Re: Passing worker JVM options not working as expected

Posted by Rui Abreu <ru...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I misread your intentions. Sorry about that.
Glad you could solve it!

Cheers

Posted by Jonas Krauss <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rui Abreu <ru...@gmail.com>.