Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Henriques, Tiago (ext)" <ti...@nsn.com> on 2007/08/22 04:43:45 UTC

ECCN classification for log4cxx

Hi all,

We are using log4cxx in one of our products, and are now in the process of collecting the information needed to export it to other countries.

In order to do this, can you tell me whether any citizens of the United States of America or people living in the U.S.A. have contributed to the log4cxx software?

Can you also tell me what the U.S. Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) for log4cxx is, and whether a license exception may be used for it?

In addition to the U.S. ECCN, there is also a German "ECCN", which is called the AL Number. Can you tell me what the AL Number is for log4cxx?

To better understand the meaning of the U.S. ECCN, please check the following webpage:

http://www.bis.doc.gov/Licensing/Do_I_NeedAnECCN.html

Many thanks,

--Tiago Henriques
Nokia Siemens Networks

Re: ECCN classification for log4cxx

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Aug 21, 2007, at 9:43 PM, Henriques, Tiago (ext) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are using log4cxx in one of our products, and are now in the
> process of collecting the information needed to export it to other
> countries.
>
> In order to do this, can you tell me whether any citizens of the
> United States of America or people living in the U.S.A. have
> contributed to the log4cxx software?
>
> Can you also tell me what the U.S. Export Control Classification
> Number (ECCN) for log4cxx is, and whether a license exception may
> be used for it?
>
> In addition to the U.S. ECCN, there is also a German "ECCN", which
> is called the AL Number. Can you tell me what the AL Number is for
> log4cxx?
>
> To better understand the meaning of the U.S. ECCN, please check the
> following webpage:
>
> http://www.bis.doc.gov/Licensing/Do_I_NeedAnECCN.html
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --Tiago Henriques