Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tim De Vos <ti...@evision.be> on 2001/02/27 11:21:18 UTC

SSL and authentication in SOAP 2.1

Hi!

I`ve been experimenting with SOAP 2.1 and there isn`t much documentation
available
about it. Anyone who has an example about using SSL and authentication in
SOAP 2.1?

Thanks in advace for replying

Tim De Vos

Re: SSL and authentication in SOAP 2.1

Posted by Jeremy Lemaire <jl...@otcex.com>.
> Tim De Vos wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I`ve been experimenting with SOAP 2.1 and there isn`t much
> documentation available
> about it. Anyone who has an example about using SSL and authentication
> in SOAP 2.1?
>
> Thanks in advace for replying
>
> Tim De Vos

First after you have configured your web server with SSL, you have to
include your certificat in a keystore file, with the keytool utility
from the JDK (assuming that you have configured your JDK to works with
JSSE).

Set the following proporties in your code (you can do with the command
line parameters too) :

          java.util.Properties props = System.getProperties();
          props.put("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
          // for debug purpose

//props.put("javax.net.debug","ssl,handshake,data,trustmanager");

props.put("javax.net.ssl.trustStore","/usr/share/keystore/ckeystore");

it works fine for me.

Jeremy.

Re: SSL and authentication in SOAP 2.1

Posted by Jeremy Lemaire <jl...@otcex.com>.