Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lu...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/04 00:32:39 UTC

Clouseau instances co-location

Hi Folks,

Possibly a naive question: do Clouseau instances have to run on the
same nodes CouchDB instances reside?

From the installation recipe, it looks like a Clouseau process has to
be co-located on the same VM of the CouchDB Instance.

For the sake of robustness, I'd rather have Clouseau run on a
different VM: is that at all possible?

Cheers,

Luca Morandini

Re: Clouseau instances co-location

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 5 Aug 2022 at 20:12, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:

> It doesn't have to be. Couchdb and Clouseau communicate over Erlang RPC (the same protocol the couchdb nodes use to talk to each other). You can specify the Clouseau node name in the couchdb configuration. But do note that they are still _paired_. Each couchdb node should be configured to talk to its own, separate, Clouseau node.

Thanks for the explanation.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
It doesn't have to be. Couchdb and Clouseau communicate over Erlang RPC (the same protocol the couchdb nodes use to talk to each other). You can specify the Clouseau node name in the couchdb configuration. But do note that they are still _paired_. Each couchdb node should be configured to talk to its own, separate, Clouseau node.

B.