Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/25 11:04:09 UTC

Feedback on application status page

I've created an application status page that it's very similar to the
service status that is bunbled with the framework but instead of showing
information on services it shows information on the web application itself.

You can check out the code for it and a screenshot here
http://hugopalma.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/tapestry-application-status-page/

I would also like to know if you guys think that such a page should be
included in the framework itself. If so i'll gladly create the issue and
appropriate patch.

Cheers,
Hugo

Re: Feedback on application status page

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yes, very useful and would make sense to have this data/page available
in non-production mode out-of-the-box.

Kalle

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk>.

Posted by Jason Lotz <ja...@gmail.com>.
My desire for having it as a component rather than a page is that I want to
be able to see this info on every request.  I have the component display the
output below my footer and it works great.  I can always keep an eye on this
information without having to have a separate browser tab open.

Before I started using your implementation, I had created a quick and dirty
SessionDump component that I found works wonders for my understanding of
what is in the session at any given time.  If this data was on a separate
page, I wouldn't be as diligent about looking at it unless I had a reason
to.

Maybe the official Tapestry version should be both?  Implement it as a
component, but also provide a page that uses this component?  Just my 2
cents.

Jason

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

Posted by Jason Lotz <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, i think i got it working.

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Nice!!!

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: Feedback on application status page

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Piero, that is indeed a bug.
That happens because your SSO is not serializable.

I've updated my post with the fix.

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
Hi Hugo!