Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/07/10 02:24:08 UTC

CloudStack Mirrors

Greetings,

Is there any plan to make use of mirrors for folks downloading / updating from the repo. Or is there one in�existence�now?

- Maurice

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
On 07/11/2013 01:41 PM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> On 07/10/2013 02:54 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> Adding Wido to the CC.
>>
>> Wido, what do you think about adding a mirror or two from your RPM / DEB
>> repo server?
>>

> No problem! I think rsync would be the best way to go here? Problem is
> however, I've never set up a rsync daemon or such.

So, I've managed to set up a rsync daemon. Appears it is very easy.

$ rsync -avr --stats --progress cloudstack.apt-get.eu::cloudstack/ubuntu .

That should get you all the deb packages

$ rsync -avr --stats --progress cloudstack.apt-get.eu::cloudstack/rhel .

That should get all the RPM packages.

I'll update the README file later: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/README

Wido

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Adding Wido to the CC.

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by tawfiq zidi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Great Idea , please contact me for the needed list.

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
Hey Matthew,

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by "Matthew E. Porter" <ma...@contegix.com>.

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by Kelly Hair <ke...@routerlab.net>.
That would seem to make sense. Great for redundancy, and if the mirrors are
on multiple continents then it should help with any bandwidth starved
downloaders.

Re: CloudStack Mirrors

Posted by "Matthew E. Porter" <ma...@contegix.com>.