Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Oki DZ <ok...@bdg.pindad.com> on 2001/05/30 08:50:27 UTC

Mail filter

Hi,

Recently one of my James users had a virus on his mail client, and it
kept sending out email periodically. Then I set one of the bundled
mailets to filter them out. James seems to be all right now. Problem is,
editing the config file for typing in the filter matches is a bit
overbearing. I think if the matches could be defined on a database
table, then James would really be great.

Another thing...
I have the mail repository on MySQL. It is nice being able to delete
some mail directly on the database (there must be some use of it).
Problem is, James store the information of unsent mail internally and
does it when it's started. So that James would keep looking for the
deleted email forever; and it slows it down. It would be great if James
could be "told" remotely to refresh its internal states; eg: via the
admin port. So instead of having adduser, etc., we could additionaly
have "refresh spool" command. By having the feature, James wouldn't have
to be restarted on every records deletion on the database.

Oki