Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Ruggeri <DR...@primary.net> on 2017/11/21 22:31:57 UTC

PHP test cases

Hi, all;

I have only one set of remaining test cases to complete my
automated-build-and-test-and-report thingamajig. I've identified a
potential issue with our expected test results and could use a pointer
from anyone who tests PHP regularly.

I'm looking at t/php/safemode.t and according to [1], safemode was
removed in 5.4.0. The thing I'm wondering is if we should first test for
PHP <5.4.0 before proceeding or if we should eliminate t/php/safemode.t
altogether. I'm leaning toward the latter as it's a removed feature and
shouldn't hold up our own testing.

Also, t/php/getlastmod.t fails because of a warning[2] unless php.ini
has been set to explicitly declare a timezone (unsure of which version
PHP made this a warning). Should we modify our php script or modify the
comparison to be a match that includes the month? My workaround was to
create a php.ini on the fly but we ought to handle this better in the code.

Side note... t/filter/case.t fails unless perl documentation is
installed. We should note this or pick a better file :-)

[1] http://php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php

[2] http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php#refsect1-function.date-errors

--
Daniel Ruggeri

Re: PHP test cases

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
We still have tests for imagemaps so I'm not sure I see the
rush in removing support for tests of "relatively" older version
of PHP ;)

I'm sure some of our users are stuck w/ older versions.

Re: PHP test cases

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: PHP test cases

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
That feature has been unsupported for over 3 1/2 years. Drop the test.

Bill

Re: PHP test cases

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <DR...@primary.net>.
On 11/22/2017 11:55 AM, Jose Kahan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 04:31:57PM -0600, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
>> Also, t/php/getlastmod.t fails because of a warning[2] unless php.ini
>> has been set to explicitly declare a timezone (unsure of which version
>> PHP made this a warning). Should we modify our php script or modify the
>> comparison to be a match that includes the month? My workaround was to
>> create a php.ini on the fly but we ought to handle this better in the code.
> See:
>
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.date-default-timezone-set.php
>
> You need to set that value, either thru that function or thru php.ini.
Indeed - my quick workaround was to just add it to php.ini. My assertion
is that we should at least document this requirement or implement this
function call in the PHP test code to avoid people getting caught up
with trying to run the test cases.

--
Daniel Ruggeri

Re: PHP test cases