Posted to user@tika.apache.org by AJ Weber <aw...@comcast.net> on 2018/04/19 14:17:14 UTC

Tika Parsers jar?

I'm trying to get the "container aware" parsers working with my app.

I have tika-core.jar (v1.17), and nothing else in my classpath
currently.  Using the simple "tika.detect()" with a TikaInputStream to
determine mimetype.

The online docs say "...the additional container aware detectors
contained in theTika Parsersjar should be used."

But I can't find that jar anywhere in any of the download areas.  (I
don't know why, but my maven isn't working properly.)

Can someone point me to the location of such a jar and a list of
dependencies, in case I can't get maven working and have to d/l them the
old way?

Thanks very much,

AJ

Re: Tika Parsers jar?

Posted by AJ Weber <aw...@comcast.net>.
Yeah, I realized that at least testing I could just try the Tika App
jar, which is way bigger.

IDK why maven isn't finding it.  It seems to keep finding old versions
from some other repo.  I have to sort-out why it's not finding the right
dependencies.

RELATED: So I simply replaced tika-core.jar with tika-app.jar.  I seem
to have lost all my log4j logging.  I doubt this is a coincidence.  Does
the tika-app.jar explicitly change my log4j config???

Thanks for the quick reply.

-AJ

Re: Tika Parsers jar?

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.