Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Chadwick Banning <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/13 16:01:37 UTC

Remove and re-add node

Quick question --

Is there a way to remove a node from Ambari and then re-add it?  I have a
cluster member thats having issues and I would like to remove it,
re-install the OS, and then re-join it to the cluster.

Would I be able to just shutdown the machine, re-install the OS (which is
on disks separate from the data disks), restart the machine, re-install the
ambari-agent manually and have Ambari take over from there?

Re: Remove and re-add node

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
The delete API is not available at present. I would not advise modifying the
DB to delete the node/component as the dependency spans few tables.

From:  Chadwick Banning <ch...@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:26 AM
To:  <am...@incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Remove and re-add node

Apologies -- I forgot to add that I'm currently on 1.2.3.7 but upgrading
should be fine if necessary.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Remove and re-add node