Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lauber Christof <LA...@hta-bi.bfh.ch> on 2000/11/15 16:24:53 UTC

Number of Instances

How must I configure the jakarta-tomcat 3.1 that just one Instance per
servlet is allowed? Which config file do I have to edit(server.xml,
web.xml, ? ) ?

Re: Number of Instances

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Lauber Christof wrote:

> How must I configure the jakarta-tomcat 3.1 that just one Instance per
> servlet is allowed? Which config file do I have to edit(server.xml,
> web.xml, ? ) ?

The only thing you have to "configure" is your servlet -- be sure you do
*not* implement the SingleThreadModel interface, and Tomcat (or any other
servlet container) is required to create only one instance per servlet
definition (i.e. per <servlet> entry in web.xml).

Craig McClanahan