Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2004/04/21 19:17:20 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Pluto

The Portals PMC would like to graduate Pluto out of incubator into the
Apache Portals project.
My vote is +1 to graduate Pluto
We believe we have met the requirements for exiting incubation as
stated here:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
Incubation_Policy.html#Exitting+the+Incubator

--
David Sean Taylor
taylor@apache.org

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Please update http://incubator.apache.org/projects/pluto.html to reflect the
changes and current status.

Looks as if all is in order.  A Software Grant for org.apache.pluto.* has
been recorded, and Pluto is being incorporated into the Apache Portals
project.

+1 to release Pluto to the Portals PMC.

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> The Portals PMC would like to graduate Pluto out of incubator into
> the  Apache Portals project.
> My vote is +1 to graduate Pluto
> We believe we have met the requirements for exiting incubation as
> stated here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Incubation_Policy.html#Exitting+the+Incubator
>
> --
> David Sean Taylor
> taylor@apache.org
> Apache Portals
> http://portals.apache.org

Julie MacNaught
IBM Research
jmacna@apache.org
jmacna@us.ibm.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Michael Blum <bl...@apache.org>.
+1 from me

Michael

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
+1

geir@4quarters.com

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> could you please regenerate the website?

Could and did.

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 15, 2004, at 11:35 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> In that case, I believe that we have all +1 and no outstanding -1.  If
> there
> are no further issues raised this weekend, David please update the
> Pluto
> STATUS to show that the Incubator PMC has released Pluto to the Portals
> project.
>
> The voting thread is at
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?
> listName=general@incuba
> tor.apache.org&by=thread&from=751960.

Done.
Noel, could you please regenerate the website?

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
David,

Many thanks indeed.

I'm now a big +1 :>.

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Berin,

> I suspect you are absolutely correct, and everything has been mooted or
> satisfactorily resolved.  Unfortunately, I have not been even remotely
> involved with Pluto, so I have to rely on STATUS to make my judgement.

:-)  Hence the need for the updated STATUS file.  I think perhaps a bad
precedent was saying +1 and asking for the file to be updated, rather than
being a hardass and explicitly saying +1 *after* the STATUS file is updated.

> As to Portals being comfortable on community - I'm of the opinion that
> it is part of the Incubator responsibility to double check.

Yup.  In my own case, I've chatted a lot with Santiago about it.  I believe
that he is off-line for a bit, and cannot contribute his thoughts.  But, as
you say, you'd really like to see a comment in the STATUS file addressing
it.

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> As far as I know, those issues are mooted.  More to the point, perhaps,
> Pluto has been adopted and integrated into the new Portals project, which is
> asking for its release, and they don't appear to have any Community
> concerns.  Do we have any questions about the TCK availability?

I suspect you are absolutely correct, and everything has been mooted or
satisfactorily resolved.  Unfortunately, I have not been even remotely
involved with Pluto, so I have to rely on STATUS to make my judgement.

As to Portals being comfortable on community - I'm of the opinion that
it is part of the Incubator responsibility to double check.  We should
be making our own judgement, not using another TLP to make a de-facto
decision for us.

After all - it's the Incubator that is supposed to be tracking the
history of incubation and ensuring concerns originally raised are
addressed, not Portals.  If it all went pear shaped, I would expect the
board to come to Incubator PMC - not Portals - to ask the serious
questions.  I would also expect Portals to be asking us questions!

At the end of the day, I'm just reluctant support something where I am
not sure of the answers.  Give me a status file that addresses the
concerns raised at the start of incubation, and I'll change to +1 with
fervor and alacrity :>.

Cheers,
	Berin

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I'm going to vote -1 here, until the status file is updated
> addressing some of the original concerns.

> I'm quite sure that all the concerns *have* been addressed, and
> an updated status file will cover all of them.  At which point
> I'll gladly change this to a +1.

We've all said, I believe, that the STATUS file has to be updated.  I have
no problem with your making an issue of it.

> Andrew Oliver raised a specific point [1] that the Java PMC wanted the
> incubator to specifically consider community.

ACO was raising those issues at a time when the JSR was under NDA.  See
also: http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TalkPlutoProposal

As far as I know, those issues are mooted.  More to the point, perhaps,
Pluto has been adopted and integrated into the new Portals project, which is
asking for its release, and they don't appear to have any Community
concerns.  Do we have any questions about the TCK availability?

In any event, the STATUS file needs to be updated.

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Guys,

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Apr 23, 2004, at 9:16 AM, Leo Simons wrote:

> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>> The Portals PMC would like to graduate Pluto out of incubator into
>> the  Apache Portals project.
>
> +1. Good luck to pluto!
>
>> We believe we have met the requirements for exiting incubation
>
> except for updating the status file, which someone should do ASAP :-D

+1 on both :)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> The Portals PMC would like to graduate Pluto out of incubator into the
> Apache Portals project.

+1. Good luck to pluto!

> We believe we have met the requirements for exiting incubation

except for updating the status file, which someone should do ASAP :-D

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

Component Community -- http://componentplanet.org/
Component Glue      -- http://jicarilla.org/

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
+1

Carsten

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> The Portals PMC would like to graduate Pluto out of incubator into the
> Apache Portals project.
> My vote is +1 to graduate Pluto
> We believe we have met the requirements for exiting incubation as
> stated here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Incubation_Policy.html#Exitting+the+Incubator
>
> --
> David Sean Taylor
> taylor@apache.org
> Apache Portals