Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by 577790911 <57...@qq.com> on 2019/11/04 09:33:57 UTC

Translation document legal issues consultation

Hello, Apache Foundation:
&nbsp; I want to build a website for hadoop and spark, the main content of which is the translation of official documents for everyone to learn.
&nbsp; I would like to ask if this behavior will face legal risks.
&nbsp; Looking forward to your reply.

Best Wishes!

Re: Translation document legal issues consultation

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 1:51 AM 577790911 <> wrote:

> Hello, Apache Foundation:
>   I want to build a website for hadoop and spark, the main content of which is the translation of official documents for everyone to learn.
>   I would like to ask if this behavior will face legal risks.
>   Looking forward to your reply.

It all depends on what licenses the "official documents" are available
under today.

In general, anything that gets releases as part of official ASF
releases is covered under ALv2 and should be no problem for you to
translate and make available.

There are, however, also books, etc. which are available under variety
of different licenses.

Thanks,
Roman.