Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com> on 2010/04/29 09:14:22 UTC

Automated web testing tool

Hi,

We are looking for an open source automated web testing tool which could
provide performance information

Is following possible in JMeter?

-      List of resources downloaded (probably with time it took to
download each resource)

-      Should be able to run any JavaScript which is in the response
(preferable browser based rather than request/response based)

Regards,

Ragini Thakur

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

Re: Automated web testing tool

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html

Posted by Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Thanks for the response.

List of resources downloaded (probably with time it took to download
each resource). How it can be achieved? Any pointers?

Regards,
Ragini Thakur

>  We are looking for an open source automated web testing tool which
could
>  provide performance information
>

>  Is following possible in JMeter?
>

>  -      List of resources downloaded (probably with time it took to
>  download each resource)

Yes.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/04/2010, Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  We are looking for an open source automated web testing tool which could
>  provide performance information
>

>  Is following possible in JMeter?
>

>  -      List of resources downloaded (probably with time it took to
>  download each resource)

Yes.

Posted by chaitanya bhatt <bh...@gmail.com>.
Have you heard of Selenium?...people looking out for functional
automation testing solution generally prefer Selenium than any other open
source web application testing framework. It also provides a solution for
your requirement "Should be able to run any JavaScript..."

It's licensed under Apache 2.0 and it's opensource. You'll find hell a lot
of open source automation frameworks available for Selenium. Check out
open2test.org for some real good Selenium automation frameworks.

As far as Jmeter goes, it isn't specifically designed for functional
automation testing and hence it would fall short of various features which a
function automation testing tool ought to have.

Chaitnaya M Bhatt,
http://www.performancecompetence.com