Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Anton Permyakov <an...@mail.ru> on 2002/08/15 07:18:23 UTC

mod_perl + Apache::PageKit on Win32 problems

Hello everybody,

I try to install Apache::PageKit on Win32 Apache+mod_perl.
I've installed all that's needed from perl-win32-bin-0.8.exe, install all packages needed for Apache::PageKit and itself (without PPD file, just by copying *.pm files).

When i start Apache - it closes with error: "Memory Access Violation".

Can anyone help?
By the way - how is it possible to create Apache-PageKit.ppd file (for ActiveState PPM)? What is needed for this?

Thank you,
Anton.

Re: mod_perl + Apache::PageKit on Win32 problems

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Anton Permyakov wrote:

> Randy, thank you,
> now it looks like it will work... but my project also uses following
> packages i could not install with PPM:
>
> Class::DBI
> Class::DBI::Extension
> Ima::DBI
>
> There are ppd for Class::DBI and Ima::DBI, but PPM says they are not for
> this build of Perl (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread).
> Is it diffucult to create ppd files from tar.gz files?
> Can i do it by myself?
>
> Anton.

It isn't that difficult, at least for distributions that don't
need a C compiler. But if there are no ppm packages available,
it's worth setting up the CPAN.pm module to build things -
   C:\> perl -MCPAN -e shell
will start things off. You'll need 'nmake' as your make
program, which you can get from
  ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/nmake15.exe
as a self-extracting archive. One nice thing about CPAN.pm is
that it will follow and build for you any required dependencies.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: mod_perl + Apache::PageKit on Win32 problems

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.