Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2002/07/22 20:27:58 UTC

Re: [jelly] JellyUnit is available (was Re: [jelly] http and validation tag libraries)

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 11:55, James Strachan wrote:
> Just resurrecting an oldish thread for a moment...
>
> I've got the JellyUnit stuff working now so that JUnit tests can be written
> (and dynamically generated) in Jelly script.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jelly/jellyunit.html
>
> So Jelly can be used to create TestSuite and TestCase objects, possibly
> dynamically using information from beans, XML, SOAP, SQL etc. Then Jelly can
> run the tests or they can be called from inside any existing JUnit
> TestRunner .

Cool!

Is there anyway we can integrate this into maven so we can dump the
<junit> task all together?

And would it be possible to tweak the collection of tests to exclude
abstract test cases or possible have a process inspect a specified
directory and simply run non-abstract tests?

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@apache.org
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [jelly] JellyUnit is available (was Re: [jelly] http and validation tag libraries)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 14:31, bob mcwhirter wrote:
> > And would it be possible to tweak the collection of tests to exclude
> > abstract test cases or possible have a process inspect a specified
> > directory and simply run non-abstract tests?
>
> Yah, I think this is mostly a usage issue, really.
>
> If you name abstract tests slightly differently (ie, FooAbstractTest)
> then using <include>/<exclude>, I think you can pick up the right
> ones.
>
> By default, *Test* seems to be the pattern for <include>, which
> seems to be a tad bit broad.

Yeah, I just made a project.xml file for beanutils and all the tests end
with 'TestCase' which seems to work well when test cases are in the same
directory as test classes.

> Though, having junit be smart enough not to run abstract tests
> would also be a plus.
>
> 	-bob

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@apache.org
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [jelly] JellyUnit is available (was Re: [jelly] http and validation tag libraries)

Posted by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com>.