Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Aaron Huslage <hu...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/27 16:31:42 UTC

Replication without IP connection

Hi,

I have a strange problem that I'm hoping someone either has dealt with or
has ideas about solving.

We have developed a medical records system as a CouchApp that allows
clinicians in remote areas to submit medical records to a local server.
These records need to be replicated back to a central office for reporting
purposes.

These remote clinics are completely disconnected from the Internet and
connect to one another over HF Radio (think ham radio back in the day). The
radio links are not really reliable or quick enough for PPP to work well,
so we are using UUCP instead of IP.

In this scenario, there is no interactive communication between nodes.
Everything is batch file copies. I need a way to do a CouchDB replication
using only file transfers and cron/inotify jobs.

Any ideas or scripts would be helpful.

Thanks,
Aaron

--
Aaron Huslage
+1-919-600-1712

PGP: 0x360DE590 / 30D4 B15B 74B2 F0E9 35D4  ABE0 2CB7 AC60 360D E590