Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Steve Haeck <sj...@shic.co.uk> on 2008/03/25 14:07:53 UTC

Probably simple... TortoiseSVN "Text status: obstructed"

What, exactly does this mean?  I'm using Visual-SVN and it suggests that
a build always has differences to my source tree.

The "File" reported as obstructed is actually a directory - it is
automatically created during a build step if (and only if) needed.  I
don't care about it - it is intermediate...  I don't care if it is
committed to the SVN repository or not... though I do not want its
contents to be committed - ever - the directory contents is generated
from other files.

What's the best solution?  I've tried adding it to the "ignore list" -
and that doesn't help... When I try to add the directory to the
repository - it says
> Directory 'C:\Proj\Autodir\.svn' containing working copy admin area is
> missing  Please execute the "Cleanup" command.
I don't understand the first (non) sentence of this error message - and
I can't find a "cleanup" command on the TortoiseSVN menus.

What am I overlooking?