Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vp...@selectica.com> on 2007/11/12 23:26:13 UTC

[Axis2] Deployment error "Filename must not be null": Deployment Engine calls DeploymentFileData with null args

I am using tomcat 5.5 and have deployed in an exploded format (not a war) i.e. my services.xml is copied to the WEB-INF folder and classes generated from wsdl using Axis2 nightly build of Nov 6 have been copied to WEB-INF\classes. Then at tomcat startup I get the following error:

[12 Nov 2007 14:16:58,449][vpantvaidya@selectica.com][vishp-t40] ERROR [[/]] Servlet threw load() exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Filename must not be null
at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.<init>(DeploymentFileData.java:43)
at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.<init>(DeploymentFileData.java:48)
at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.buildServiceGroup(DeploymentEngine.java:1028)
at org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServicesFromWebInf(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:309)
at org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServices(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:270)
at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:78)
I looked into the Axis2 code and see that DeploymentEngine class is calling DeploymentFileData.init with both args null - which is why I get the error. Any idea what could be the problem here?

RE: [Axis2] Deployment error "Filename must not be null": Deployment Engine calls DeploymentFileData with null args