Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Igor Abade V. Leite" <ig...@cosespseguros.com.br> on 2004/03/15 19:44:07 UTC

Taglib development - how to prevent EL expansion inside a custom tag

Hi folks! I have the following situation: In a given custom tag (a
data-bound grid), I use several EL variables to allow to tag consumer to
tailor the tag's output. While in Tomat 4.1 this was no issue - since
the container didn't know nothing about EL, my tag took care of all EL
parsing (using Commons EL).

But now I got in trouble. Tomcat 5 parses all EL expressions it finds in
a JSP page. This way I can't do it my own way. My question is: Is there
a way to tell Jasper I don't way it to parse the EL expressions it finds
*inside* my custom tag? Notice that I don't want to disable it for the
whole page, so <jsp-config> is not suitable. I think this should be done
at TLD or TagInfo level.

Thanks in advance,
        Igor Abade