Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Tsengtan A Shuy <tt...@sbcglobal.net> on 2007/06/29 18:47:14 UTC

problem running "bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 3 -topN 50" command

I follow the nutch-0.8.x tutorial and run the "bin/nutch crawl urls -dir
crawl -depth 3 -topN 50" command in my cygwin DOS prompt. I got the
following message:

crawl started in: crawl

rootUrlDir = urls

threads = 10

depth = 3

topN = 50

Injector: starting

Injector: crawlDb: crawl/crawldb

Injector: urlDir: urls

Injector: Converting injected urls to crawl db entries.

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:357)

        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.inject(Injector.java:138)

        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:105)

Help me to solve the above problem, thank you in advance.

Adam Shuy

President

ePacific Web Design & Hosting

Professional Web/Software developer

TEL: 408-272-6946

www.epacificweb.com

RE: problem running "bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 3 -topN 50" command

Posted by Tsengtan A Shuy <tt...@sbcglobal.net>.
I did the same thing in my eClipse, it ran successfully.
So from now on I will use eclipse to run the crawl.