Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2015/05/25 22:14:59 UTC

IP clearance process for eid applet to poi

Hi,

I've adapted code of the eid applet [1], which is partly ASL dual-licensed [2], i.e. the parts I've used.
The code for xml signatures went into POI 3.11-beta3 [3], the latest stable is POI 3.12.
The individual copyright holders of the eid applet gave me their approval [4],
but I'm still missing the approval of FedICT [5], a belgium federal public service  -
it seems nobody of them feels responsible for that code.
The new copyright holder seems to be e-Contract.be BVBA [4].

So looking at the IP clearance process [6]:
@ 1.: I've became an ASF member recently, so I'll do
@ 3.: apart of the announcement on [4] what form of approval is further required?
    as the copyright seemed to move to BVBA, would it be sufficient to ask Frank for a SGA [7]?
@ 5.: "If the source is referenced by checksum in the grant ...", so if no specific release is mentioned
   and only certain files contain the ASL, do I need to snapshot anything?
   If yes, as there was no 1:1 adaption of the code, should I simply snapshot the files my work was based on
   or is it necessary to reproduce which parts went into the poi files?

Thank you and best wishes,
Andi

PS: ... yes, the obvious issue is, that incubation is done in a timely different order ...

[1] https://code.google.com/p/eid-applet/
[2] https://code.google.com/p/eid-applet/source/browse/trunk/README.txt
[3] http://poi.apache.org/changes.html
[4] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/eid-applet/apache$20poi/eid-applet/Mnnl2KpdTXE/geNlO2-c410J