Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/04/07 10:12:32 UTC

Re: Return carriage

(Following up on fop-users. Questions should go there. Thank you!)

If you don't give FOP a chance for a line break, it won't break. Put a
space or a zero-width-space after each comma.

On 06.04.2006 19:54:07 Luis Fabiano wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I started to develop using embebbed FOP just recently and I´m having a
> problem in a report.
>
> The case is that one block field just don´t break the line when the text
> inside (dinamically loaded) is higher than the page width. Follow the code
> I´m using:
>
> <fo:block wrap-option="wrap" >
>   #if ($testInfo.HBM_Method == "TEST")
>     #foreach( $test in $testResults )
>       $test.VoltageRanges
>     #end
>   #else
>     $summary.TestVoltages
>   #end
> </fo:block>
>
> The result I expect was a line like that
>
> 1000,1001,1002,1003,1004,1005...and go on
>
> But the line just continue as the end of the page simply don´t exist :-o

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Return carriage

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 07.04.2006 14:52:13 Luis Fabiano wrote:

> This is exactly my problem. I can´t insert (by java, at least) a space
> between the return text. It should be that way. Don´t we have any way to
> point to FOP that it should break the line with a comma, for example?

No. The problem in your particular case ("1000,1001,1002,1003...") is
that UAX#14 [�1] prohibits breaks before and after a comma if it is
surrounded by numeric characters. In this case you have to work with
zero-width-spaces as I have suggested earlier. That's to only way you
can insert a break possibility here.

[1] http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr14/

> or don´t exist a way to manipulta the string directly in FOP?

No.

> Ah, BTW, thanks for the help :-)

You're welcome.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Return carriage

Posted by Luis Fabiano <lu...@gmail.com>.
This is exactly my problem. I can´t insert (by java, at least) a space
between the return text. It should be that way. Don´t we have any way to
point to FOP that it should break the line with a comma, for example? or
don´t exist a way to manipulta the string directly in FOP?

Ah, BTW, thanks for the help :-)
Sent from the FOP - Dev forum at Nabble.com.