Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Shearer <je...@shearer-family.org> on 2010/06/14 17:30:37 UTC

[users@httpd] ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

I have moved an https website from one physical server to another.  I was able to get to the http server before I enabled the permanent redirect to https.  Once I enable the permanent redirect, I receive the error, "ssl_error_rx_record_too_long in my FF3x browser"   When I created the certificate, I used the domain name not the IP address in the request.

Can I use the same certificate and key on a different physical server?

If yes to the above, do the IP addresses need to match?  In particular both servers have physical and virtual IPs.  If the IP addresses need to match, can it be the virtual IP address?

Thanks again.

RE: [users@httpd] ssl_error_rx_record_too_long