Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/05/22 15:51:44 UTC

Plc4x + Edgent + Elasticsearch + Kibana = Production-Dashboard for free

Hi all,

I just updated the „iot-factory” example to start an Elasticsearch instance, create some indexes and start writing PLC data into these.
With that data it is then super-easy to create some cool dashboards that visualize the state and performance of your factory.

Even if this is a rather stupid little example, it does utilize the full stack of tools that I always think of when talking to potential plc4x users about the cost-saving opportunities with open-source.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find out how to start Kibana with the rest of the application … hopefully I’ll manage to add that soon.

Chris