Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marcelo Romulo Fernandes <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/16 05:26:18 UTC

error migrating myfaces from 1.1 to 1.2

Hi,

    My webapp using myfaces 1.1.5 runs fine. When I migrate
to myfaces 1.2.3, I got an error with my custom taglib. The following
files are attached:
    1- error.log: error log from tomcat
    2- layout.tag: my custom tablib located at WEB-INF/tags
    3- blank.jsp: simple jsp using tag lib layout
    My environment is: win xp sp2, tomcat 6.0.14, java sun 1.6.0_05, jstl 1.2.
    I look forward you help.

--
´s
marcelo

Re: error migrating myfaces from 1.1 to 1.2

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Marcelo Romulo Fernandes schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>     My webapp using myfaces 1.1.5 runs fine. When I migrate
> to myfaces 1.2.3, I got an error with my custom taglib. The following
> files are attached:
>     1- error.log: error log from tomcat
>     2- layout.tag: my custom tablib located at WEB-INF/tags
>     3- blank.jsp: simple jsp using tag lib layout
>     My environment is: win xp sp2, tomcat 6.0.14, java sun 1.6.0_05, jstl 1.2.
>     I look forward you help.
>

>From a brief look at the code, it seems that this can only happen when a
JSF tag is processed before an f:view tag is processed.

Are all your JSF components nested within an f:view tag?