Posted to general@james.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> on 2007/11/13 08:00:34 UTC

My agenda for James

Hi guys,

thanks for nominating me in this election. I am proud and happy,
regardless of the number of votes I will (not) receive. ;-)

As it was proposed, here a few words...

In the unlikely case of my election I would continue to provide that or
the other backend feature, as I have in the past month.
I'd also try to get more involved in current and future architectural
discussions and would from time to time summarize and try to focus the
decision making progress, where needed. Less pushing my own opinions,
more trying to find the common goal.

We need releases of the server product and that's where we get to the
center of this community's all-consuming passion ;-)
I deeply believe that if we are able to setup this process James will
live long and prosper :-)
The negativities which are still around have to be addressed by
understanding why they are there and then working on a solution. Hanging
out here should be fun!
We have to continue to modernize James, but without compromising quality
or turning away our established user base.

Much great work has been put into our smaller products. At least partly,
they target new user groups. I'd like to see these projects grow into
their own personalities and add even more value to our community.

According to ASF docs, "[t]he Chair is the interface between the Board
and the Project". I'd like to see that reports are drafted by the chair
not without collecting input from the community. Board communication
should be made transparent by the chair.

I have submitted James-related conferences talks for ApacheCon Asia and
Europe and the german OpenSourceMeetsBusiness (osmb.de). Unfortunately,
none of them has been accepted. But I will continue to learn how to make
good submissions. :-)

Regardless of who will be the new chair, that's what I will be working on.

Thanks,

   Bernd