Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Horacio <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/02 07:39:25 UTC

hivemind doesn't load my hivemodule.xml

Hi!
I'm trying to make hivemind 1.0 work, but I can't.

I'm working from Eclipse 3.1M6 and Hivemind 1.0.
I've put my hivemodule.xml in WEB-APP, META-INF,
classes, lib (all at the same time).

Here is my hivemodule.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<module id="tesis" version="1.0.0">

	<!-- tesis.UsuarioActualThreadLocalService -->
	<service-point id="UsuarioActualThreadLocalService"

interface="ar.com.hgdeoro.apn.pruebas.hivemind.IUsuarioActualThreadLocalService">

		<create-instance

class="ar.com.hgdeoro.apn.pruebas.hivemind.UsuarioActualThreadLocalService"
			model="threaded" />

	</service-point>

</module>

I think the hivemind filter is working ok (here are
the
tomcat's logs):

INFO: Filter 'hibernateFilter' configured successfully
0    [main] INFO
ar.com.hgdeoro.apn.pruebas.hivemind.UsuarioActualThreadLocalFilter
 - Ejecutando init()...
02/07/2005 02:29:54
org.apache.hivemind.servlet.HiveMindFilter
initializeRegistry
INFO: Constructing HiveMind Registry.
02/07/2005 02:29:55
org.apache.hivemind.servlet.HiveMindFilter
initializeRegistry
INFO: Constructed RegistryImpl[locale=es_AR] in 797
milliseconds.
(org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
properly.

But if I do:

registry.getService("tesis.UsuarioActualThreadLocalService",
IUsuarioActualThreadLocalService.class);

I get:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException:
Service point tesis.UsuarioActualThreadLocalService
does not exist.

What could be the problem??? I've trying to make it
work since days, but I can't!!

Thanks in advance.
Horacio

Re: hivemind doesn't load my hivemodule.xml

Posted by Horacio <ho...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all! Thanks Shing for your response.
I've made changes to the hivemodule.xml so now I use:

<service-point
    id="UsuarioActualThreadLocalService"
    interface="..."/>

<implementation
    service-id="UsuarioActualThreadLocalService">

    <invoke-factory
        service-id="hivemind.BuilderFactory"
        model="threaded">

        <construct
            class="...."/>

    </invoke-factory>

</implementation>

but with this configuration, hivemind doesn't work.

I've found that the problem is that hivemind is NOT loading my hivemodule.xml
To make it work I've made my own filter based on HiveMindFilter. This filter
load the HiveMind's  modules using:

registryBuilder.processModules(classResolver);

and my own modules using something like this:

Resource moduleDescriptorResource = new ClasspathResource(classResolver,
"ar/com/hgdeoro/apn/pruebas/hivemodule.xml");

and this is working great!! (in the filter, the classpath to
hivemodule.xml is configured throw a init-parameter).

Thanks to all!
Horacio

PS: If anyone thinks the filter could be usefull, I'll be glad to post it
somewhere.

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.