Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Avia Efrat <av...@gigaspaces.com> on 2017/07/09 20:45:54 UTC

[VOTE] Add an 'entry-level' label to some of our Jira issues

Today Tal (tal@gigaspaces.com) and myself had a very long and productive
face-to-face session with some AT&T developers about ARIA. We did a quick
introduction to TOSCA (as some of them where already familiar with it),
followed by an theoretical overview and live demo of ARIA 0.1.0.

Some of the AT&T guys were very interested in contributing to ARIA, and
raised what I think is a very good suggestion. They said that since
sometimes you don't know where to start when contributing to a large and
unfamiliar project, and since some of them or only novice python
programmers, it would very good for them to have Jiras marked with a
special label, such as 'entry-level', to signal that these Jiras are
suitable for beginners.

So first, I would like to hear your opinions on this suggestion, and
second, if you support it, maybe you have some better input on the name of
such a label, as I'm not sure I'm pleased with 'entry-level'. (Some other
suggestions were 'first-time-contributor' and 'trivial', but feel free to
suggest your own)

--
Avia Efrat
SW Engineer

<https://twitter.com/CloudifySource>
<https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8467478>
<https://github.com/cloudify-cosmo>   <https://github.com/cloudify-cosmo>
[image: Azure Webinar]
<http://getcloudify.org/webinars/Azure-plugin-for-cloudify-webinar.html?utm_source=signaturesatori&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=general_signature>

Re: [VOTE] Add an 'entry-level' label to some of our Jira issues

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.
"Simple" sounds good (and simple :))

Re providing links to the TOSCA theoretical overview, this is one more
website task we need to do.
I added it to the JIRA issue here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIA-309

Posted by Avia Efrat <av...@gigaspaces.com>.
Seeing that the overall reaction was good, I created a Jira issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIA-316

Posted by Avia Efrat <av...@gigaspaces.com>.

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.