Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Ruturaj Dhekane <ru...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/10 16:54:05 UTC

Configuring failover timeouts?

Hi all,

I have a Mesos+Marathon setup deployed on 3 master 6 slaves mode. I have
deployed a MySQL docker container and another front end container.

I have health check enabled on the MySQL container.

When i turn off the slave that contains the MySQL, DCOS detects bad health,
marks the slave as unhealthy. but it takes about 15 minutes before marathon
reschedules it on to a new host.

How to reduce this time to say 2 minutes? Why doesn't Marathon schedule it
the moment the health has gone bad? Any params I can change to enable this?

I checked the documentation and asked on IRC - not much help. Please point
me to a documentation if I have missed something.

Thank you,
Ruturaj

Re: Configuring failover timeouts?

Posted by Ruturaj Dhekane <ru...@gmail.com>.
This is the health check of MySQL.

{
    "protocol": "TCP",
    "portIndex": 0,
    "gracePeriodSeconds": 100,
    "intervalSeconds": 10,
    "timeoutSeconds": 20,
    "maxConsecutiveFailures": 3,
    "ignoreHttp1xx": false
  }

The DCOS is detecting it fairly fast. Marathon is taking quite a lot
of time to fail it over. Does mesos report to Marathon the same time
DCOS reports the host as unhealthy?

BTW, is there a difference between a Node marked as unhealthy and a
node considered Lost?

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi