Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Tolga Tarhan <to...@netbrains.com> on 2011/07/02 02:44:19 UTC

Re: URI Escaping in HTTP (and other Producers)

All,

I hate to reply to my own post, but I'm shocked that nobody else sees
this as an issue. Sending an HTTP request is obviously a common use
case. As soon as you leave the world of unit-tests and enter
production-code, URL encoding is inevitably a requirement. Am I really
misunderstanding something here? I'm willing to help implement the
changes required to support my use-case, but I need some validation
that it really doesn't exist today before I go duplicating work.

Thanks,
Tolga

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 7/7/11 9:06 AM, Tolga Tarhan wrote:
> It seems like something like the Map-based feature that the CXFRS component
> provides makes a lot of sense here -- that is, we take a Map<String,Object>
> and make a query string out of it automatically. It could support GET or
> POST (in the case of POST, the URL-encoded string becomes the POST body,
> in application/x-www-form-urlencoded format).
>
> If it makes more sense to build this as a processor which runs in the
> pipeline before the HTTP producer, that's also an option. The processor
> would take the Map and do the appropriate encoding, and then either set the
> resulting string in the Exchange.HTTPQuery header (for GET), or as the
> message body (for POST).

Good suggestion, it could be more easy for use to generate a right
Exchange.HTTPQuery header with a right URL encoding.

> Would such a processor be considered for inclusion as part of the
> distribution? I'll provide the code. The only thing I haven't looked into is
> how to extend the DSL and/or XML to support it in an fluent way. Any hints?

It could be some build in method in the camel-http component, as it is
not wildly used across other components, user can do it by applying the
header in the processor or customer bean method.

The DSL just come into my mind is setHeader() with some expression to
take the value form the query parameter map.

--
Willem

Posted by Tolga Tarhan <to...@netbrains.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.