Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jens Viebig <jv...@como.com> on 2003/12/04 09:04:21 UTC

Struts TilesPlugin broken in jboss 3.2.x ?

Has anyone successfully deployed a struts application with TilesPlugin in
jboss 3.2.x
(I have 3.2.3)
I'm getting

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.init(Lorg/apache/struts/action/ActionSer
vlet;Lorg/apache/struts/config/ApplicationConfig;)

errors when i try to deploy my app which was running fine with jboss 3.0.8.
The Struts 1.1 struts-example.war crashes with the same Error Message !!

Anyone has the same problem or has the example running  with JBoss?
Please answer in both cases !

Re: Struts TilesPlugin broken in jboss 3.2.x ?

Posted by Jens Viebig <jv...@como.com>.
I narrowed it a bit.
Seems to be a bug in jboss i think (classloder,classpath issue).
This error occurs when you have more than one war using struts.
It depends on the sequence you deploy your wars.
I have one war (a) using Struts 1.1b  and a war (b) using Struts 1.1
when I deploy (b) first and after that (a) everything is working fine.
when I deploy (a) first and (b) second i get that error !
I think jboss is putting WEB-INF/lib somewhere in the global classpath so
things get broken !
So it seems not to be a struts-related problem