Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by "Romanowski, Tim" <ti...@lmco.com> on 2006/10/25 23:49:51 UTC

RE: Unable to access snapshot repository

Matt,
Many thanks to you and others for your prompt responses.  Sorry for the
delay in getting this out myself, but I'm still having problems.
Forgive me for being dense, but where do I put the .pom file for
shale-103 that I've downloaded?  I do not have a shale-parent in my
local m2 repo (assuming that the local m2 repo is another name for the
parent directory of where I am downloading the Trinidad source to).

I created an empty directory in my filesystem (using windows),
downloaded the plugins and trinidad source via my subversion client into
that directory, then ran the instructions from the wiki.  The plugins
built successfully...  the second command still fails (as of this
morning before I headed to work).

Do I need to separately download shale-parent?  If so, how do you know
that ahead of time, without having the build fail?  Are there other
dependencies I need to be aware of?  I was under the impression that
with Maven, most of this would "just work."  I'm not against figuring
out how this process works, but I didn't expect to need to learn a great
deal about Maven builds and subversion to make a Trinidad build.  Are
there preliminary steps that I have missed, perhaps that could be added
to the wiki?

Respectfully,
Tim

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.