Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com> on 2011/02/07 19:07:28 UTC

How long can I have a table open?

During my import process I create a connection to a table. How long can I leave that connection open without using it before HBase will try to close it?

Hadoop 0.20.2+737
HBase 0.89.20100924+28

Thanks

-Pete

RE: How long can I have a table open?

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@fb.com>.
What's the nature of the stability problems?  These are issues seen server-side or just client-side?

Restarting your long-running clients fixes the issues?

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@fb.com>.