Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Matías Cobiella <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/28 23:54:08 UTC

JDBC Master-Slave doesn' work with DB2

I have two brokers in a JDBC MASTER-SLAVE configuration.

When BrokerA starts it becomes the MASTER:

INFO  BrokerService                  - Using Persistence Adapter:
JDBCPersistenceAdaptor(org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ null JMS Message Broker
(MASTER) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1299/jmxrmi
INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
[ibm_db2_jdbc_universal_driver_architecture]
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Becoming the master on dataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource@60991f
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
tcp://MT13412:11111

But when BrokerB starts it becomes the MASTER too:

INFO  BrokerService                  - Using Persistence Adapter:
JDBCPersistenceAdaptor(org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ null JMS Message Broker
(SLAVE) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:12980/jmxrmi
INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
[ibm_db2_jdbc_universal_driver_architecture]
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Becoming the master on dataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource@f47396
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
tcp://MT13412:22222

Both Brokers uses this db config:

  <bean id="db2datasource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:db2://10.250.0.73:60152/DBCCCD"/>
    <property name="username" value="dbcccd"/>
    <property name="password" value="cccd00"/>
  </bean>

I think this problem looks like a MySQL issue but for DB2:

Am I doing something wrong? Or its a SQL bug.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Matías.

Re: [Spam: 5.0] JDBC Master-Slave doesn' work with DB2

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 3/9/07, Matías Cobiella <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I've tried with the last SNAPSHOP and the JDBC MASTER-SLAVE behavior was the
> expected. The first broker becomes MASTER and the second broker waits until
> the MASTER releases the lock.

Awesome! Many thanks for testing this!

> Thank you!

You're welcome!
--

James
-------

Re: [Spam: 5.0] JDBC Master-Slave doesn' work with DB2

Posted by Matías Cobiella <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James,

Re: JDBC Master-Slave doesn' work with DB2

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
We've never tested JDBC Master-Slave with DB2. I suspect that there
needs to be some work on the SQL required for DB2.

I've raised a JIRA to track this

On 2/28/07, Matías Cobiella <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> JDBC Master-Slave doesn' work with DB2
>

> I have two brokers in a JDBC MASTER-SLAVE configuration.
>
> When BrokerA starts it becomes the MASTER:
>
> INFO  BrokerService                  - Using Persistence Adapter:
> JDBCPersistenceAdaptor(org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
> INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ null JMS Message Broker
> (MASTER) is starting
> INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
> see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
> INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1299/jmxrmi
> INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
> [ibm_db2_jdbc_universal_driver_architecture]
> INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
> lock to become the Master broker
> INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Becoming the master on dataSource:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource@60991f
> INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
> tcp://MT13412:11111
>
> But when BrokerB starts it becomes the MASTER too:
>
> INFO  BrokerService                  - Using Persistence Adapter:
> JDBCPersistenceAdaptor(org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
> INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ null JMS Message Broker
> (SLAVE) is starting
> INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
> see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
> INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:12980/jmxrmi
> INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
> [ibm_db2_jdbc_universal_driver_architecture]
> INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
> lock to become the Master broker
> INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Becoming the master on dataSource:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource@f47396
> INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
> tcp://MT13412:22222
>

> Both Brokers uses this db config:
>
>   <bean id="db2datasource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
>     <property name="driverClassName" value="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"/>
>     <property name="url" value="jdbc:db2://10.250.0.73:60152/DBCCCD"/>
>     <property name="username" value="dbcccd"/>
>     <property name="password" value="cccd00"/>
>   </bean>
>

> I think this problem looks like a MySQL issue but for DB2:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-992
>

> Am I doing something wrong? Or its a SQL bug.
>
> Thanks in Advance for your help.
>
> Matías.

James
-------