Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com> on 2008/08/26 18:44:23 UTC

Print Italics over an Image

Friends,
FOP-0.95
I have a background image  - no problem
I print text over the image   -no problem

I print some text in "italics" over the image  -PROBLEM - the image
behind the italics does not come through.  Therefore, the space around
						each italic character is
all white.

How can I resolve this?

HERE IS MY CODE:

<xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TR' or ./vouc-type='DR' or
./vouc-type='CC'">
      <xsl:attribute
name="white-space-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
    <fo:block font-style="italic"  start-indent=".2in"
line-height=".14in" >
        <xsl:value-of select="vouc-charge-date"/>
      </fo:block>
</xsl:when>

Jeff

RE: Print Italics over an Image

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.
I'm glad it worked, but that means there might be a bug in FOP;
background-color is not inherited, and its default value is transparent,
so that shouldn't have been necessary.

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk

________________________________

Posted by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com>.

Eric,
PERFECT again!
Thank you very much!

Jeff

________________________________

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Can you please post (or send me) an FO file demonstrating the problem?
I'd like to reproduce that here. Thanks.

On 26.08.2008 18:44:23 Steffanina, Jeff wrote:
> Friends,
> FOP-0.95
> I have a background image  - no problem
> I print text over the image   -no problem
>
> I print some text in "italics" over the image  -PROBLEM - the image
> behind the italics does not come through.  Therefore, the space around
> 						each italic character is
> all white.
>
> How can I resolve this?
>
> HERE IS MY CODE:
>
> <xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TR' or ./vouc-type='DR' or
> ./vouc-type='CC'">
>       <xsl:attribute
> name="white-space-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
>     <fo:block font-style="italic"  start-indent=".2in"
> line-height=".14in" >
>         <xsl:value-of select="vouc-charge-date"/>
>       </fo:block>
> </xsl:when>
>

> Jeff

Jeremias Maerki