Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk> on 2009/12/04 11:05:27 UTC

SoapFault: Error reading XMLStreamReader - thrown by CXF web service when called by CXF web client

Hi,

I have a (Tomcat hosted) web app that calls a web service on the same
machine (for test purposes this is actually running inside the same
Tomcat, but hosted via Jetty).

The web service is called twice (two different operations) the first
returns about 1MB of data, the second posts about 1MB of (different)
data.
The first call is getting a set of documents to process, the second is
returning the processed documents.

On the second call CXF is returning HTTP 500:
<soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Error reading
XMLStreamReader.</faultstring></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
This is happening before any of my code is called.

The input XML looks OK, there is no Content-length header on the
request but the total size is 1313475 bytes - mostly made up by two
elements that contain the base64 of two documents.

Any ideas what is causing this or what I can do to narrow it down further?

Thanks

Jim

Re: SoapFault: Error reading XMLStreamReader - thrown by CXF web service when called by CXF web client

Posted by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk>.
Ah, finally worked it out - it was a bug in my logging interceptor.

Jim