Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Zach Garner <za...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 21:35:38 UTC

Get task doesn't always respect skipExisting - Patch included

Hi everyone, I am trying to use the <get> task with skipExisting=true.
Because of my particular situation, I usually have the target file
downloaded but sometimes it is owned by root, and so it is not writeable.

The checkAttributes() method of Get.java fails the build if the destination
file is not writeable, even when skipExisting is true.

I've attached the small patch to fix it. Let me know if I can help get this
committed, if there's interest

Re: Get task doesn't always respect skipExisting - Patch included

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-04-17, Zach Garner wrote:

> Hi everyone, I am trying to use the <get> task with skipExisting=true.
> Because of my particular situation, I usually have the target file
> downloaded but sometimes it is owned by root, and so it is not writeable.

> The checkAttributes() method of Get.java fails the build if the destination
> file is not writeable, even when skipExisting is true.

Yep, sounds like a bug.

> I've attached the small patch to fix it. Let me know if I can help get this
> committed, if there's interest

Unfortunately our mailing list setup has eaten up your patch.  Could you
please open a bugzilla issue and attach the patch there?

Thanks

        Stefan