Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ro...@ussposco.com on 2004/03/23 19:49:19 UTC

With  Tomcat 4 or 5, with JDK 1.4, I cannot load my JDBC drive from a *.jar
in shared\lib, unless that driver has already been loaded by a webapp class
using Class.forName(). I normally use the system property
"jdbc.drivers=xxx" mechanism to allow java.sql.DriverManager to load the
driver. For this mecahnism to work, it appears I have to put the JDBC
Driver jar in either common\endorsed or the system classpath. Is this
working as designed? Is there any problem with putting my jdbc jar in the
common\endorsed dir?

Thanks,
Rob Wunderlich