Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Deepak Jain <de...@cumulus-systems.com> on 2022/02/11 11:41:24 UTC

RE: Kafka Log4j2.x upgrade plan

Hi Luke,

First of all Congratulations. Thanks for all your contributions.

Please let us know if Kafka is planning to upgrade Log4j to latest version in Kafka future release. Our Customer is eagerly waiting and following with us regarding the same.

Regards,

Deepak

Posted by Tom Cooper <co...@tomcooper.dev>.
Hi Deepak,

Kafka 3.0 deprecated Java 8, but (as I understand it) build support will not be removed until Kafka 4.0. Therefore, you can upgrade to the 3.x release which has the log4j fixes and this will still be built with Java 8 support.

Cheers,

Tom Cooper

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepak,