Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Hari Sreekumar <hs...@clickable.com> on 2010/11/08 12:04:04 UTC

Regionserver not shutting down automatically

Hi,

   I have seen that the *stop-hbase.sh* script does not
execute*hbase-daemons.sh stop regionservers
*, although it does stop the master and zookeeper. Is this intentional? Why
is it? Won't it create any problems if I forget to stop all regionservers
and restart hbase before they get killed?

Thanks,
Hari

Re: Regionserver not shutting down automatically

Posted by Hari Sreekumar <hs...@clickable.com>.
Thanks John! I do stop-hbase.sh usually byt when I check jps in the
regionservers, I see that HRegionServer process is still running. I am not
sure if it automatically shuts down after some time though.

hari

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.
Hari,

Posted by Hari Sreekumar <hs...@clickable.com>.