Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/03/02 15:20:36 UTC

4.3 gets the wrong number of CPU sockets

Hello,

Which script is responsible for getting the number of CPU sockets of a
KVM hypervisor? Right now I have one with 2 CPUs but ACS only shows me
1.

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "physical id" | sort | uniq | wc -l
2

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: 4.3 gets the wrong number of CPU sockets

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 03.03.2014 09:14, Harikrishna Patnala wrote:
> Hi,
> In case of KVM we read the socket count from the parameter ‘sockets’
> in NodeInfo class.
> Can you check with the command “virsh nodeinfo” ?
> How many cores do you have per cpu ?

Indeed it seems like libvirt issue:

virsh nodeinfo
CPU model:           x86_64
CPU(s):              24
CPU frequency:       2499 MHz
CPU socket(s):       1
Core(s) per socket:  6
Thread(s) per core:  2
NUMA cell(s):        2
Memory size:         82469688 KiB

Lucian

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
Hi,
In case of KVM we read the socket count from the parameter ‘sockets’ in NodeInfo class.
Can you check with the command “virsh nodeinfo” ?
How many cores do you have per cpu ?

Thanks
Harikrishna