Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Massimo Heitor <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/27 22:54:29 UTC

Disappearing Maven resources? (beanutils, xalan, rampart)

I'm maintaining a legacy Java project. I setup a Maven pom.xml a while ago,
and it used to work, but now, several dependencies that used to
automatically download and work perfectly, have just stopped working on the
standard Maven servers. The three dependencies are:

commons-beanutils:commons-beanutils:jar:1.6.1
xalan:xalan:jar:2.6.0
org.apache.rampart:rampart-core:jar:1.3 (dependency failure on
bouncycastle:bcprov-jdk15:jar:132)

I get errors like this:
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'bouncycastle:bcprov-jdk15:jar:132' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

These are valid dependencies, they show up on mvnrepository.com and seem to
be there when web browsing to http://repo1.maven.org/ (like in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/xalan/xalan/2.6.0/)

I've manually setup my copied these dependencies from an old build server
into my local repository cache for now, but ideally this server glitch would
be resolved, where new systems could automatically download these
dependencies like they are supposed to.

Re: Disappearing Maven resources? (beanutils, xalan, rampart)

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
As you noted, these artifacts are available on central. As a result,
this would appear to be a local configuration error. Perhaps you are
using an authenticated proxy or mirror and the authentication settings
are wrong. Or are having a networking problem.

Justin