Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org> on 2019/08/01 11:37:55 UTC

ApacheCon EU talk - would like to teaser Whimsy

Hi,

I submitted (and had accepted) a talk to ApacheCon EU titled

"Do you really read all those board reports"
https://aceu19.apachecon.com/session/do-you-really-read-all-those-board-reports

I've started looking into which message I would like to share in that talk. One thing that I would like to talk about is the role that whimsy plays. Some of that I would love to illustrate with screenshots - I think it wouldn't be a good idea to use the data that's online in the tool right now, or would it, given that that data likely is going to be published long before ApacheCon EU actually happens?

Otherwise: Is there an easy way to run Whimsy locally so I can play around with it with either already published or toy data and take screen shots from there?

Isabel

Re: ApacheCon EU talk - would like to teaser Whimsy

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Isabel Drost-Fromm wrote on 2019-8-1 7:37AM EDT:
> Hi,
>
> I submitted (and had accepted) a talk to ApacheCon EU titled

Sweet!  Sounds fun.

> "Do you really read all those board reports"
> https://aceu19.apachecon.com/session/do-you-really-read-all-those-board-reports
>
> I've started looking into which message I would like to share in that talk. One thing that I would like to talk about is the role that whimsy plays. Some of that I would love to illustrate with screenshots - I think it wouldn't be a good idea to use the data that's online in the tool right now, or would it, given that that data likely is going to be published long before ApacheCon EU actually happens?

If you want screenshots soon (before next board meeting) you can use:

  https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/2019-07-17/

Notes: the date in URL only works for current meeting or for unpublished
minutes (see foundation/board/ for files it looks for).  Since it's
highly likely that these minutes will be published before October, as
long as you're thoughtful and avoid any <private> sections in
screenshots, that should be fine.

Reminder: the Comments section (either at bottom of a project report, or
to the right on the screen in wide monitors) is NOT published publicly.
 Please double-check any director comments before using a screenshot (I
often write "thanks for a thoughtful report" as a director comment,
which would be fine to use).

> Otherwise: Is there an easy way to run Whimsy locally so I can play around with it with either already published or toy data and take screen shots from there?

Yes, depending on how much setup fiddling you want to bother with:

  https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/config/board-agenda.md

--

- Shane
  Whimsy PMC