Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by mo...@gmail.com on 2010/04/27 16:52:37 UTC

jetspeed-archetype with Classic UI

Is there a way to generate a classic custom portal using the
jetspeed-archetype?
I tried the command below from the jetspeed 2.2 maven tutorial but it
appeared to use the JetUI which i would like to avoid for now.

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-4:generate
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
-DarchetypeArtifactId=jetspeed-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=2.2.1
-DartifactId=jetexpress -Dpackage=org.apache.portals.tutorials
-DgroupId=org.apache.portals.tutorials -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

Thanks,
Chad

Re: jetspeed-archetype with Classic UI

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Chad,

We made pragmatic decision there and supported only the min/ui
configuration in the archetype.

They are not too hard to convert. Off the top of my head, one needs to
do the following to convert it to one of the other configurations:

1. grab a different j2-seed.xml and install it in your project,
2. grab a different set of psml pages, and
3. flip the jetui.customization.method setting in
jetspeed.properties/override.properties.

I can step you through these changes if you are interested.

Let me know,

Randy