Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Carlos Horowicz <ca...@infodrive.com.ar> on 2006/12/14 00:58:00 UTC

Botnet question

Hi list,

I came across an e-mail originating at a customer domain hosted in a
dedicated server provided by my company, whose outgoing relay and
incoming MX are the same, namely mx0.<domain>, and that Botnet in my
server tagged with:

BOTNET=5,     BOTNET_CLIENT=0.01, BOTNET_IPINHOSTNAME=0.01

The only matching rule seems to be coming from botnet_ipinhostname()

Reverse DNS is OK.

Could somebody tell what could have triggered the rule ? if the 0 (zero)
in the mx0 hostname , or the fact that they use the same server for
incoming or outgoing relay ? or maybe anything else I should look at ?

Thank you,

/Carlos

Re: Botnet question

Posted by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu>.
Hm.  I don't see anything wrong with that domain.  I'll look into it.

Re: Botnet question

Posted by Carlos Horowicz <ca...@infodrive.com.ar>.
Hi John,

Re: Botnet question