Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/09 05:27:47 UTC

Not able to execute MRv2

Hi,

Looks like the below instructions are a bit outdated. I got the mapreduce
code from the MR-279 branch and the rest of the code from trunk. The
hadoop-mapreduce-1.0-SNAPSHOT-all.tar.gz file got generated successfully.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/MR-279/mapreduce/INSTALL

1) Expanded the tar file to the $YARN_INSTALL directory, created symbolic
links to the jars in the hadoop-common/lib folder and ran the
"bin/yarn-daemon.sh start resourcemanager" command from the $YARN_INSTALL
directory to get the below error

org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration
Could not find the main class:
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.  Program will
exit.

Then copied the hadoop-common-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT.jar from the
hadoop-common/target to the hadoop-common/lib folder. Then the
yarn-praveensripati-resourcemanager-praveensripati.out had the following
error after starting the ResourceManager.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: For this
operation, current State must be STARTED instead of INITED
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService.ensureCurrentState(AbstractService.java:101)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService.stop(AbstractService.java:69)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.amlauncher.ApplicationMasterLauncher.stop(ApplicationMasterLauncher.java:90)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.stop(CompositeService.java:89)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.stop(ResourceManager.java:423)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.main(ResourceManager.java:493)

Started the NodeManager and the HistoryServer. Running the jps shows only
the ResourceManager and the NodeManager and not the HistoryServer.

2) From the hadoop-common/target/hadoop-common-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/bin
folder I get the following error running the sample program

./hadoop jar
$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/build/hadoop-mapred-examples-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
randomwriter -Dmapreduce.job.user.name=$USER
-Dmapreduce.randomwriter.bytespermap=10000 -Ddfs.blocksize=536870912
-Ddfs.block.size=536870912 -libjars
$YARN_INSTALL/modules/hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
output

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/partition/InputSampler$Sampler
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.<init>(ProgramDriver.java:60)

The hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar which has the
InputSampler.java class is there in the hadoop-common/lib folder, but still
getting the above error.

None of the .log files are getting generated. So, it's getting difficult yo
debug. Appreciate help in resolving this.

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: Not able to execute MRv2

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Praveen,
 This is an issue because of incompatible versions of avro. This occurs if you have avro 1.3.2 in your cp. We use avro 1.4.

For the time being you can remove any occurence of avro 1.3.2. jar in your classpath and that should get you out of the error below.

For fixing it  in the right manner there is a jira open:

Fixing that should get rid of this error.

Hope that helps.

thanks
mahadev

Re: Not able to execute MRv2